BOOK REVIEW GUIDELINES
How it works:
You can either choose a book/article yourself, browse the newest book
lists of publishers or select one from our book
list. Alternatively, you may want to suggest a book for reviewing
even if you do not want to review it yourself. Contrary to conventional
journals we also invite article reviews because articles often precede
books while they are usually equally valuable. Book/article reviews are
normally about one book/article. However, book reviews comparing two or
more books are also welcome. The book(s)/article should have been published
recently. Here some guidelines:
- Book reviews typically range between 500 and 2000 words or up to 4000
words for comparative book reviews of two or more books.
- Article reviews should not exceed 500 words.
the review should
- briefly and succinctly summarise the main arguments of the book as well
as its structure
- show a good understanding of the debates to which the book/article refers
or within which it is placed
- critically examine at least one of the main arguments
- assess the extent to which the book/article is a valuable contribution
to relevant debates/literature
- Reviews should be send by email using .rtf or .doc (Word 97 or older).
Notes for Contributors:
THE COPYRIGHTS OF ALL MATERIALS REMAIN WITH THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR
ALL CONTRIBUTORS WILL BE INFORMED IN CASE OF PUBLICATION
For all contributions:
- All written contributions published in www.globalpolitics.net are protected
by copyright, retained by the authors. By submitting any written contributions
to www.globalpolitics.net the author automatically authorizes the Global
Politics Network to publish this review in an electronic format.
- Please include your name, academic or professional affiliation, degree
name and type or position, email address and word count. Articles or other
items cannot be published without this information. However, contact details
will not be published.
ALL REVIEWS AS WELL AS QUESTIONS MUST BE SEND TO THE BOOK EDITOR: