GUIDELINES FOR JOB/INTERSHIP
Evaluations should be of short to medium length (max. 3000 words) and
should be in a form of a serious account rather than a personal story.
Apart from the author's opinion it should include such things as official
and unofficial requirements for the job, advice on job-hunting, details
on day-to-day activities, mobility and flexibility in the job, career
perspectives and other aspects of the job that could be of help for newcomers.
The following questions should guide your job/internship evaluation. They
are guidelines what means that not all of them must be answered.
Questions regarding the application procedure:
- Is the application procedure complicated? (Do you need lots of different
documents (e.g. references, reports, etc.?)
- How long before the entry date did you apply?
- Did you personally find it difficult to get the job/internship?
- How many people apply per place?
- Had you been selected through an assessment centre or personal interviews?Questions
regarding the requirements of the job/internship
- What were your tasks?
- What did you learn and do beyond administrative work?
- Did you make interesting contacts?
- Was it a challenging experience?
- Did you get the possibility to continue to work there?
- How was the working climate?
- Did you get support in case of problems?
- Could you take part and contribute in meetings?
- Did you get paid? How much?
Notes for Contributors:
THE COPYRIGHTS OF ALL MATERIALS REMAIN WITH THE ORIGINAL AUTHOR
ALL CONTRIBUTORS WILL BE INFORMED IN CASE OF PUBLICATION
For all contributions:
- All written contributions published in www.globalpolitics.net are protected
by copyright, retained by the authors. By submitting any written contribution
to www.globalpolitics.net the author automatically authorizes the Global
Politics Network to publish this contribution in an electronic format.
- Please include your name, academic or professional affiliation, degree
name and type or position, email address and word count. Articles or other
items cannot be published without this information. However, contact details
will not be published.
- Please send written contributions by email using .rtf or .doc (Word
97 or older) format.
ALL EVALUATIONS AND QUESTIONS
SHOULD BE EMAILED TO: